Friday, September 28, 2012

A short break from the Darwin trip

 I decided that I needed to get some of these photos up, I took the flowers and the cutting of the silage yesterday while it was warm and still. Today it is cold and damp and windy.
Had to add a photo of the chooks as well but it is hard to take their photo as they like to stand around close to me.
I am not sure how well these will come up when you double click on them but apart from lots of weeds there are flowers in odd places. The blue iris is almost over and the dutch iris are at their peak. The tamarisk is looking its usual lovely pink and the wisteria is showing off, and so is the peacock. I think the quince blossom is in there but I am not sure what else. We had 6 mm of rain which is the most we have had in one day in September, a big worry and we just hope we get more rain in the next few weeks.
I didnt think that I had added the vintage lace cuff but somehow it wanted to be in on the act. Made from a very old hand towel with vintage lace and tatting on it. A fun thing to make while I was away.
John has just been out to try and cover the silage stack but the wind has got up and they were all very nearly blown away, so it has had to wait, a worry and annoying as the top grasses will dry out and blow away.
I have a horrible feeling it is going to be 'one of those years' where things dont go to plan.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the vintage lace cuff!!! I see some chickens in the mix. I adore chickens!