Thursday, August 02, 2012

I think I have made a womble.

 this is supposed to be an owl but I think he looks a bit more like a Womble, or what I think I remember them looking like.
John says he has character.
I am not so sure
Any one want a Womble?
I am not going out of the house much but I am walking Max as he complains no end if I dont take him. This is what I had to get through though, mud and more mud although it has dried out a bit but more rain is being forcast for tonight and the week end.
I am taking my trusty stick with me, and am wearing rubber boots a hat and a parka, well rugged up against the cold.
Talking of the cold, it is now firmly on my chest!
After negotiating the mud I passed what are now yearling fillies, they have had their first birthday yesterday, as do all horses in the southern hemisphere, they are a mixed bunch I think two part bred welsh a Welsh Section B and the rest are Welsh Mountain fillies.
As I walked up the track to the house there were a few blue wrens and a small flock of fire finches eating the seeds and looking for insects, I couldnt get too close and they were not sure of Max but this is the best my little camera will do.
I have made the bread and have another batch of soup on and dinner is made, well it is left over from last night, a chicken lasagna recipe I found and as I had most of the ingrediants I made it last night, it was very nice too.
I am feeling virtuous! I need to as other wise it is all too depressing.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I agree with John, of course he has character. Just catching up on your posts as I expected you to be away. So sorry to read about Maggie, and sorry you are feeling so poorly. I have been watching the weather down there, it looks awful. Cold here, but beautiful sun shining. cheers

Linda said...

Really cute owl/womble Penny. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, and that the weather has been frightful. It's cold here again this morning, but the day should be okay. Soup and home made bread sounds like the perfect recipe to keep your spirits up. Take care.

annie said...

Awwww, Penny....

annie

Julie said...

I want a womble!!! So adorable!!! I just love owls! Especially cute ones! You did a great job on him!

Julie said...

As much as I would love a womble, I would never have you send all the way from Aussyland!!! I will love him from afar!!! You sweet thing!!!
Thanks...Julie