Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fabric bowl and the duck pond is full


I have finally finished this small bowl, made from sari twist and cotton, it took me so much longer than I expected it to but as a first attempt at basket weaving with fibre I found it fun and rather soothing.
I did have to strenghten the top with a bit of wire woven in around it so now it holds its shape quite well, not that you can notice the wire.
Damn I have just lost the side photo, oh well you get the idea.
At the moment I am making books, slowly as I had forgotten how to and have to go back to my notes.
I had an early trip into have a blood test and then shop and on the way home finally stopped and took some photos of the duck pond on the way into Victor.
It had been fiddled with to make it deeper and of course that mucked up the bottom so it doesnt hold water as well as it once did. The last few years it either didnt fill at all with the drought or not much but this year it is overflowing and looks wonderful. I would imagine the red gums are enjoying a nice drink as they like to have their feet wet occasionally.
It is still amazingly wet, I tiptoed along the back road yesterday to go over to Yankalilla and decided to come home on the bitumen, a wise move as  Inman Valley hadnt had much rain and the minute I hit the Back Valley entrance it poured all the way home.
Cold and blowing now.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Love the bowl. Looks like you are finally getting your fair share of winter rain Penny, so you should be resonably well set up for the summer this year. Cheers

ArtPropelled said...

It must be a relief to see the pond so full. A good sign. I'm smiling to see you have added yet another arrow to your quiver with basket weaving. Where to next? :-)

Wanda..... said...

Lovely bowl, Penny and beautiful tree at the edge of the over flowing pond....we're terribly dry here; could use some rain.