Saturday, August 04, 2012

I got out of the house!

 This morning in sunshine we went in to the market, lots of oranges as you can see, lovely navel oranges to keep us healthy through winter.
I didnt buy any as our tree is bearing well.
We went over to Petrels Cove for a walk, the sea was incredeibly clear, a low tide so a lot of thumps and booms and only one lone surfer.
The best walk!!
We came back for a coffee and the clouds started to roll in and the wind came up so after a thoroughly enjoyable morning we came home.
I went over to Yankalilla to an opening that friends of mine were having, mixed media and books, a lovely little exhibition and I bought a tiny book that I am very pleased with. Met up with some friends and then came home through Inman Valley as the back road has had rather a lot of rain on it and J didnt think it was safe for me on my own.
It is interesting that suddenly books and book art have become such a big thing, I have been playing with them for years but have been doing quite a lot of wondering where I will go with them and am quite enthused to have a bit more time trying out various styles.
As I went over there was sun on one side of the hill and low cloud rolling in over the Parawa hills, there is nowhere on the road I was on that I could safely pull over for a photo.
My peacocks are calling, I thought it a bit early but now I have come out of the fog of a cold have realised we are now into August. Not sure where the last few weeks have gone.
Yes I do, knitting owls! I have finished another but I will perhaps show it later in the week when I havent much to talk about.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hildred said...

Hi Penny, - I went back and read a couple of your postings as I have not had much time for visiting lately. Hope you are getting over your cold and did enjoy the description of your enforced walk. Would send you some of our 'temporary' perfect summer weather if I could. Take care, - love your owl.