Monday, August 29, 2011

This and that


A small part of something I have been working on for a quilt swap. I wont put the whole thing up until a later date but i had a bit of fun with this. The background is a piece of rusted fabric.
Next down the new boy on the block, the Welsh Section B colt Imperial Aden who we hope will do good things for the stud.
Then Tilly's filly who was born yesterday morning, She is part Welsh and Riding pony and is a lovely elegant little thing.
Finally the red cedar by the house has dropped all tis leaves, it does it now as it is an Australian rain forrest tree, seems strange but it will be in full leaf quite quickly.
I love the bare branches against a cloudy sky.
It is raining at the moment, just as well I left the sheets on the line as other wise I was going to have to water pots, I thought I had a good chance of a nice shower or two.
I seem to be plodding along well with this polymalga thing, after a visit to my doctor today it seems that all is going more or less as he expected and I should not get too thingy about reducing the cortisone too quickly. The trouble is it really is hard to tell wether it is my normal arthritis or the disease and now I get confused about what is which!
Enough of that, I am having fun sketching and doing some nice embroidery, keeping busy although I need to get back into the garden or it will be so over run with growing things I wont be able to get out of the back door to the car. Perhaps I will invest in a small machette.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Didn't you post about making the rusted fabric yourself? If I remember correctly, you weren't completely pleased with a tiny area, but thought a use could be found for it. Seems you found the perfect use for it.

Elegant is a good description of the new pony, he seems to old his head high on those long legs!