Friday, August 05, 2011

A busy couple of days

I had visitors yesterday, a family from Melbourne who came to look at a pony and I gave them lunch. Such a nice family, we think we will lease them our retired leading rein pony for their daughters. She may come out of retirement!
But because of that I cleaned and tidied the house, and found a few flowers, my green Goddess lillies are out as well as a few arums so they make a nice big vase full and in the kitchen a couple of the camellias that are looking nice.
My kitchen dresser had a bit of a clean up too so here it is before it gets covered in dust again!
I have been cleaning out the bathroom drawers as well, something in the air.
After shopping this morning John and I went over to Yankalilla to get some seed, a paddock is being re seeded and we had to drop it off at our sons place as our grandson is seeding for us and thisl last photo is from half way up the hill looking over some of our place, some heritage listed scrub and the end of the valley.
It was very misty and cold and damp. Amazing after the last few days which had been hot but yesterday it got cooler and rained and we had thunderstorms the night before, so perhaps it hasnt forgotten how to rain yet. There is always this panic about when the rain will stop, will it be a wet or dry spring, will we get paddock growth through until October and early or late silage and hay. Happens every year but after the last 10years of drought we are particularly twitchy this year.
Apart from cleaning out cupboards and cooking I am back into making owls, one nearly finished and one on the way. I think a few more are in order as they make nice gifts. I am changing my pattern a bit.
There will be some photos tomorrow I hope.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

shirley said...

It always feels good to have a tidy up. I love your views, and the lillies are stunning in their vase. Arum lillies are my favourite at the moment.

Wanda..... said...

Thought your lilies were store purchased...they look so pretty and perfect!

sweetypie said...

its all looking great,but I get confused with the seasons being the other way round lovely summer here..