Monday, November 16, 2009

Whitby



I will be uploading odd photos of our trip when I am feeling tired or have not much to put up.
I loved Whitby and I hope I havent done these before.
I was most taken with this shop in the old town, then the Celtic cross at the top of Caedmon's stair, we walked up the stair and came down the plod.
These gorgeous beach huts were being dismantled while we were there, I think they must store them for winter but I loved the bright colours.
Then a distant view of the Abbey, it was getting a bit late and the sun was in the wrong direction but I love the way it was against the sky.
Tired and have been busy today as it is cool before another onslaught of heat so trying to get done things we cant do when it is hot.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

The photo with the beach huts says so much Penny...the ocean that goes on and on forever and the row of beach huts to be dimantled yet, most likely the men think they too go on and on forever.

Karen said...

"It's a small, small world after all."

I've been here visiting and the really neat thing is I live in Whitby but in Ontario, Canada.

LOL, I live in Whitby and near by are Ajax, Pickering, Scarborough, etc. Our whole province seems to be named after English towns and lords. Our regional area is called Durham region.