Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Textile from Ally Pally

I bought this tiny textile done by Kathleen Thompson while I was at Ally Pally in London, it is really only about the size of an ATC but was mounted and I loved what she had done, all of her larger pieces had been sold and I was glad I found this one. It is now in a frame on my wall.
We are about to break some awful record for the highest number of days over 35 C for November, I hope we eventually get a decent change but by then I think it will be too late for many gardens who have already been suffering.
I suppose I was lucky to see the garden at its best for a few days after I got home.
Now all the thistles have gone to seed and the seed heads on the grasses are showing up horridly.
I am absolutely no good in this weather and I am getting up really early to put on the odd hose and going to bed late doing the same thing.
In between I find something easy to sew that I dont have to think too much about.
My blogging will probably be a bit hit and miss while we get through this and the wedding.
I keep thinking longingly of those of you who are having cold days, even rain would be wonderful, fires inside and hot coffee and not feeling that one has to watch from every window to make sure no idiot has lit a fire and remembering to drink liquids and not feeling like eating.

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Well Penny I almost long for colder days and a fire in the fireplace too...we are in the 70's here today, very warm for November!

The textile you bought is lovely!

Karen said...

I can't complain seeing as how I'm one of those with the cooler weather. Hope the heat breaks soon for you and some much needed rain comes your way.

Karen said...

Forgot to mention that the little ATC sized art-work is beautiful.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Hi Penny and thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is a good reminder not to take things for granted! The kind of heat you are talking about is overwhelming and I suspect I have the better deal with my grey days and log fires just now!