Saturday, November 28, 2009

Across Inman Valley



We went to dinner the other night to friends who live near Parawa, and they have a lovely veranda that looks out over the Torrens Vale and to Inman Valley so we sat having pre dinner drinks and nibbles looking at this view, what you cant see are the 20 or so kangaroos who were grazing a bit to the left by the scrub.
Yesterday we had quite bad thunderstorms and the power went out for a while so no blog. We have had about 15mm of rain and more since it was measured at 9 am this morning, and a lot of quite damaging winds, still any rain at this time of the year is welcome and it adds a few more rungs to the storage in the rain water tanks.
The framed textile is one I did a while ago on the embellishing machine with hand stitching and I have framed a few of these to see what they look like. For some reason the scan is a bit fuzzy.
I have been planting some herbs I bought at the farmers market this morning, terribly windy in there and I felt sorry for the stall holders with their tents blowing down around them. Not a day to be outside at all really.
We are out to try the new Greek restaurant in town tonight, fun to try something new, I hope it is good the last Greek restaurant we went to was in of all places Germany!

1 comment:

annie said...

Too bad about the storm damage but glad that you got some needed rain. We get nervous when the stock water is down in the dirt tank.

That framed textile is gorgeous. I have never seen an embellishing machine. Shucks, I have never even heard of one.
annie