Thursday, November 26, 2009

Jacaranda time



Yesterday after I had visited my mother, who slept most of the time I was there, I went to get some watercolor paper at the art shop and stopped to take these photos. Always reminiscent of exam time I remember riding my bike to the exam center through streets like this, there are whole streets lined with these lovely trees.
Some people dont like them as they have a rather large seed pod but to see them in full flower is a glorious sight.
It has got muggy without any rain which is a pity.
I need to do heaps in the garden and came home with some very hardy seedlings yesterday, petunia and geranium and a couple of pots of dahlias. But today I have re done the curtains in the sitting room as John has put up the rods for me to hang them on and I had to re sew on the rings for one lot.
Tonight we are out to a friends 70th so I have been busy working out what to give her. I hope she likes it. We dont normally give each other presents but this is a special birthday although I dont think any of us are enjoying being 70!
I have been looking up quotes, couldnt find one that was appropriate but quite like this one by Arthur Ransome, whose Swallows and Amazon books I still have.
Grab a chance
and you won't be sorry for
a might-have-been.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love the Swallows and Amazons quote - the typically bracing sort of thing that John's father would say to him. Which book is it from? I always remember 'If not duffers won't drown..."