Monday, November 23, 2009

A cool day



I have been in the garden pulling a few weeds and assessing the damage those very hot days made. But amazingly some things I didnt expect loved it.
My clematis has never flowered so well before and is almost smothering the flowering plum by the bedroom door.
The white epyphytic cactus has flowered madly as well. I moved it last year and after years and years of not flowering suddenly It has lots of flowers, these are only a few. I love it when something unexpected happens.
I have also been making hearts, lots and lots of little patchwork hearts, very raggedy shabby chic, easy to make and fun to be able to have on hand to give away. Not finished yet I am saving them to do while watching tv, not that there is much on tv but it is an excuse to be up.
So a few things done today and I feel a bit more relaxed, probably after tomorrow I will be back to being on edge!
John and I went over to Goolwa to have a quick look at the water around the town, at the expense of the lakes and others the area has been filled with water, ok I suppose as the tourist season is about to be on us, but at what cost to others? Sometimes I wonder about the decisions of our political leaders, no not sometimes, most of the time.

1 comment:

Arija said...

Your Clematis rally is a dream, my deep pink one was doing much better than I would have expected with the searing Northerlies and extreme heat. It's amazing how heat tolerant they are.