Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hot and a beach walk



I am not capable of doing much today, it is so hot I have found some sewing to do.
We did get out early this morning and had a lovely walk along the beach, the first in months, but even there it was getting hot.
Yesterday I was in the op shop and found this lovely book for $2. I would never have bought it at the full money but it is a lovely book showing Laura Ashley designs, fabrics, a bit of historical stuff and lovely looking English country rooms, with others as well. Made me want to do a make over except I dont have the money to do it!
Then last week after months of waiting this lovely little quilt that I had in an exchange finally after touring the world for 3 months turned up. It is by Pippa Coombs and I am so glad we decided to wait and see if it did arrive before she had to make another. I really love it and the ammonites she has used are just what I wanted, I wandered all over the UK trying to find or buy some but although I saw some wonderful ones in the Natural History Museum in Paris not one could I get so these are the next best thing.
As you can see there was a lazy wave on the beach this morning, lovely for walking in.
The River is blocked again and not flowing into the sea, infact when it finally opened its mouth this winter we were all amazed and a bit miffed as we couldnt walk the beach.
Not a shell to be found, in fact hardly any sea weed either so a lovely clean beach to walk on.
Bushfires out there, 42 degree C temperatures, now hot north winds and the threat of thunderstorms, and that could mean fires started by lightening.
What a country we live in!
Off to feed the dogs and chooks and water pots, and finally us, calamari for dinner tonight as John caught some the other week.
We hope for cooler temperatures to morrow and there is some talk of rain, I hope so.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a stunning quilt you received. I mailed a parcel to my friend in Swan Hill and it took 2 1/2 months to get there. They told me it'd be between 3-6 weeks so I thought it'd gone missing but I guess surface mail is really slow.