Saturday, November 21, 2009

After the heat and the rain



You can see the orchard is still green but the hills behind have gone brown very quickly after the 42 degree C heat on Thursday.
One of the peacocks on the front terrace railing.
The sky that night was red, red and redder, the other two sky photos were before the sun set and then we had thunderstorms that rumbled and grumbled for half the night and set fires alight across parts of the State. Not here thank goodness.
I was so tired yesterday with the cooler weather I did hardly anything and today has not been much better although I had to shop as I hadnt yesterday and go and feed Tabby's dogs and chooks.
Perhaps tomorrow while John goes fishing I will feel like doing something and not feel so tired and washed out.

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

What a lovely sight, a peacock on your terrace railing. I also enjoyed seeing the same pine tree in both daylight and red sunset photos. You have nice views to enjoy Penny!

Karen said...

Interesting picture of the peacock on your railing. I hope that you're feeling less tired and had a good rest.

Linda said...

Was so sorry to hear that you have fires again. I hope they don't take such firm hold this time.