Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quilt blocks



I am trying to get together a quilt for Kate's latest quilt exchange.
Not being a "proper" quilt maker this is interesting.
I have done a Kantha style block using silks and organza to give a vague impression of city sky lines. It looks a bit odd close up but much better when you stand back from it. Now I have one more to do and put them in a pleasing way together, that is going to be the tricky part.
More on this later.
Today was Adelaide and I have come home with what the footballers call a groin strain, well that is what it feels like any way, probably all that walking yesterday. I need it to go away as I am going to Melbourne on Thursday for 3 days.
I saw my mother, a bit like me up and down, she seemed very sleepy and tired, I dont think I am going to ask if she is on any different medication. I just hope she is alright while I am away.

No comments: