Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mug Monday


Well it was supposed to be Monday but here it is Tuesday, this was suggested by Pat of weaver of grass blogspot and as I have a lovely collection of mugs I thought I would incude a very old family christening mug, not sure which one of the name as there were several but at least over 100 years old, no mark on the bottom and repaired.
Finally one my mother gave me which is a pretty cheap but nice coronation mug of Georg V and Mary.
My photos look to be on a rather bad angle they probably were as I couldnt find any where to take the photos and had to crouch to get them and my arthritic knee is today telling me that I have walked to much and it is wet and cold and drizzling. I would like it to do more than drizzle as our rain average for June our first winter month is about half what it should be. Doesnt auger well for the year ahead.
I bought this great book while I was in Melbourne from Dale of The Thread Studio, a very lovely and comprehensive book on silk paper by Sarah Lawrence. Lots of ideas here for me and I love making silk paper.
Finally the last of the post cards in an online postcard swap we did, from Marie J in Victoria, her first ones got lost in the post but I am so pleased with this one.


1 comment:

Karen said...

I like that, mug Monday :) Books are always good and the postcard looks fab.