Thursday, June 25, 2009

I did a foolish thing




Last night I climbed onto the dining room table to get a book from the top shelf of the book shelf that almost goes to the ceiling and some how I slipped and fell off.
Luckily no bones broken but a very very sore knee and I am staggering around using a walking stick, have the knee in an elastic thing to hold it in place. Seen the doctor who says I am very lucky I did not break anything and have a physio appointment for tomorrow.
Not a happy person at the moment and I ache all over.
These photos were taken a couple of days ago, when I could still go for a walk!
The Welsh colts in a paddock, some toadstools by the side of the road and the early jonquils are out.
I have a house to clean and things to do, but I will take it a bit easy today.
Oh and I have just got The Painted quilt by Linda and Laura Kemshall, I had it on order from the local bookstore as I had been given a gift voucher and I am enjoying all the things in it, I dont know if I will actually do much but it is great to look at and think that maybe I will.
We have had a good couple of days of rain, very wet and muddy outside.
I saw my mother yesterday too, she seemed better but it is still day by day at the moment. At least she is walking around again.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Goodness me Penny I thought at your age that you would have more sense that to climb up on a table---- says I who would do the same.
I hope you will soon be able to get around again.
Take care.

Alison said...

Indeed a foolish thing! Glad you are not much damaged. My mother has had a fall and broken her hip - nearly 3 weeks in hospital now and still very frail and tired.

Karen said...

Sorry to hear about the leg Penny and glad that it wasn't worse. Take care and I hope that you heal quickly.