Monday, June 22, 2009

Home from Melbourne




These photos are not quite in the correct order, although they are on the camera!
We walked yesterday morning along to my favorite beach, Kings Beach not far from Victor and quite wild and not many people go there at this time of the year, a couple of young surfers on the break on the point, not where I would like to surf at all. There is a seal colony on the Island and so sharks, white pointers are some times seen.
Looking the other way towards the Bluff, it was a funny morning, we had had quite a lot of fog but sun by the time we got there. So a lot of moisture and the tide was higher than I have seen it on our walks there.
Then a photo I took looking down the Yarra in Melbourne. I had a lovely few days, caught up with the children and not a photo did I take! I was coming back from seeing the Salvatore Dali Exhibition at the re furbished Art Gallery when I took this photo. Loved the Dali, it was very comprehensive and interesting. Well worth a look.
I had half a day at the Paperific Show at the Showgrounds in the morning, I walked from the Newmarket Station and although after all the years of showing horses at the Melbourne Showgrounds I thought I was lost as it has changed and somehow looks different on foot. Met up with Dale and a few other people I knew there and bought a few bits and pieces. I caught the tram and then the train back!
The Welsh Pony Meeting I had gone to see was interesting and my granddaughter Fenella was awarded the Young Ambassador of the Year which is really exciting although we all had to go home almost straight afterwards as she has an exam today so not a lot of catching up with people.
I came home very tired which is really bugging me, so much to do and not much time to do it in and then I have trouble doing it.
We lost a little mare over night too not sure why she didnt seem terribly ill but was dead this morning, very upsetting for us all.
The Spode plate, inherited as a small 8 piece dinner set broken up from a much larger set that was in John's original family home called Stonyfell in Adelaide. I dont think it is terribly old and I know you can still get the design, or at least you could. I think this may date back to the 1920's but could be earlier, we have had it I think since the 1960's.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Interesting pictures I like the one taken of the view down the Yarra best.

The plate is nice and reminds me of some fabric that is put out that has the same kind of lacy floral feel to it.