Saturday, November 22, 2008

Texture and paint




Here are two samples using slightly different methods.
the one with the faces is done using layers of paint over gesso and paper cast images and some scrim added while the other is a rubber stamp put into thick texture paint and then painted with layers of paint.
Photographing these is rather difficult as they never seem to look quite right.
We have had just over 5mm of rain today until 9 am and more showers since, not a lot but absolutely anything helps.

5 comments:

Guzzisue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guzzisue said...

sorry, the deleted comment is ne, I was trying to post a link to a photo on my blog which your faces reminded me of/Needless to say, I failed miserably!!
What I wanted to say was that your method interprets my photo beautifully, you must have ESP!!
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/K0DbX_MaEuAjZMRifxa9mA?authkey=hmcVLSjQgNg

annie said...

Hurray for each drop of rain, Penny.
So we feel in Middle Texas.

Your paper castings are the first I have ever seen. I have no clue what is involved except what you show here(and for that I thank you). Amazing. When you get one made that you want to show, how to you present it? And protect it?I'd want to see the real thing without glass, but then it would get dusty?
annie

Robin Mac said...

Love your faces Penny, did you make them by using a metal face charm for the mould? I had never thought of doing that. Love the colours also. We only managed 0.5mm rain, but perhaps a shower today. Cheers, Robin I hope this is not appearing twice. When I went to post it the first time blogger said I had already done it! Didn't show anything though so I am back again.

Anonymous said...

These are turning out really nice, glad that you got some rain.