Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The eye of he peacock


I am still messing with this mixed media stuff, this is on a small canvas. I am really enjoying it but need to stop and get on with some more stuff for Christmas. I sewed up two more angel bodies today and their heads, this is the Jill Maas pocket angel pattern. I also got wings for the small angels sewn up.
As well as mundane household stuff.
I did an early morning walk this morning and the flies still bit me even though I had fly repellent on.
Adelaide tomorrow to visit my mother and also go to lunch with some of the doll girls which should be very pleasant.
Apart from feeling I will never get done all I should do all is well here but the weather has certainly warmed up and I worry about how dry everything is and how much water I am trying not to put on.
Oh the title, this is actually the head of an Indian wooden stamp with a peacock head on it. Paper casting again and then lots of other stuff put on and around it. I do get a bit frustrated at the color that comes through, this looks much more metallic in real life.

4 comments:

Fabienne said...

It's really beautiful!!
I love this eye...
Fabienne

Robin Mac said...

I love it Penny, what a glorious way to waste(?) time! What mundane jobs don't get done probably aren't really necessary anyway, or that is what I keep telling myself! Cheers, Robin

Alison said...

Looks like a lovely texture.

Karen said...

You can see the metallic when you click for the close-up. It looks good, you have so many talents. I'm trying to get some Christmas stuff done as well.