Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wisteria and a bracelet


I havent posted for a couple of days, on Monday we went to Adelaide all day, saw my mother, John saw the accountant and we both came home tired.
I think we both have hay fever, I know I have which is stopping me from enjoying my garden but I had to take this photo of the Japanese wisteria that is growing over the ornamental plum by the back gate into the house. I have never seen it have such long racemes. It is paler than the normal wisteria, I bought it as white which it is not, and it is later than the other shorter fatter one, I love them both. I had trouble trying to photograph it as there was a lot of shade one way and sun the other. The garden, if you dont look at the weeds, is really spectacular at the moment. I just need to find the time and energy to get at it.
Last night was beading, the last for 2 weeks and I finished this cuff bracelet, finally, I didnt much like it while I was doing it but really like it now.
John was on the computer for most of yesterday and so my time would have been last night but I wasnt home so that is why I have now finally got back to blogging. He has just left for a meeting.
Looks as if my hopes for a small car have been dashed once more this time, well I shouldnt say this time it is always, the weather and no money and its all the wrong moment. I have to say I wasnt at all pleased as I actually thought it was coming out of John's sitting fees but I guess we have to eat. I love this farm and my house and garden but with another bad year looming sometimes I wish we earnt our money another way. Too late for us at our age, people keep asking if we are retired. Huh!! I think if we can hang on we will go out in a box.
Bad bush fires in the Sydney area over the week end and that is another worry as I think we are heading into a long hot and dry summer. Sydney is a long way from us but they should not be having bush fires in September, normally after Christmas.

No comments: