Saturday, September 30, 2006

Agricultural Show people

Today was a lovely day, warm and sunny, John and I went over to Yankalilla to have a wander around the Agricultural Show, the first of our district shows. I took lots of photos and did some sketching in between meeting friends and buying the odd geranium, a gorgeous pale pink ragged flowered one.
These people took my eye, I dont know where the child was that should have been in the pusher but I loved the plants that were there, geraniums, statice and kangaroo paws.
I am not very good at people so have been trying to practice them.
Came home to a late lunch and a new foal. Our grand son is busy mowing paddocks for silage so John was keeping an eye on him. Watched the Grand final of the football match in between doing a heap of other things, I wasnt fussed who won but it was a good close match, won by one point.
This is Australian Rules football, like no other football in the world!
My daughter and grand daughters came home to tell me that the galloway hack had gone Supreme hack of show so they were very pleased with themselves.

1 comment:

Jana Bouc said...

Nice drawing--I like the lady in the sunglasses and the whole sunny afternoon sort of scene.