Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Urk! snake!


This morning I again walked along the old road with Jake, this time with my camera as yesterday I really liked the play of shadows on the old track, not quite so good this moring as there was a bit of high cloud but on my way back as I was mindlessly thinking of not much when I saw this black snake, he was very shiny and newly out and about, they can be quite agressive at this time of the year and after I had taken his photo and backed off he lifted his head and flattenned it out a bit like a small cobra. Not a very big snake but big enough for me. I was glad Jake hadnt seen him.
I hav good intentions today of doing all sorts of things but have been inside trying to work out how to use Xandaprint with my textile stuff. it doesnt seem to work as I think it should.

3 comments:

Teri said...

OH MY GOSH!! As the photo uploaded my heart did a flip! Yikes, how scary!!!! Nice sketch job though.

Christine said...

Oh no Penny,
I was just thinking I had a month to go, we don't usually spot snakes (in our backyard mind you!) until October. Guess I'd better be on the look out.

Jana Bouc said...

Great drawing that gave me the chills when I clicked on it to enlarge it and I could see it clearly. I'd love to see pictures of your horses/ponies (?) sometime. Do you ever draw them?