Monday, January 01, 2018

An eventful New Year

We have had incredible skies lately. A lovely walk on the beach this morning. We have both had a few small naps as last night we went to bed at about 9.30 and then woke to hear the fireworks at 12, they seemed to go on for ever but we couldnt be bothered getting up. At about 4 am I got up and suddenly found I had a very pleased Max (strictly outdoor dog) asleep by my bed, and George ( strictly indoor cat) no where to be found. At about 6 am I had sorted them out and they were where they should be, just as well George hadnt gone for good. We know that Max hates bangs but hoped he would be ok. So after a lovely walk this morning we have both done various bits of housework, vacuuming (John), ironing and washing (me) and a nice long nap seemed to be in order.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I try hard to resist naps as I dont then sleep at night. But today I have had a real purge and done so many jobs that I really feel in need of one.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh Geez. We had to stay up until around 12:30 or so. Two dogs that fear fireworks and one that barks like crazy every time one explodes. I think he may think someone is at the door. New Years Day is always boring for me. No good TV and everyone is napping. i should be too.

Happy New Year.
xx, Carol

Robin Mac said...

Poor Max, I suppose this is the first time he has been close to the fireworks! Jock simply wants to kill them! Our first dog was so terrified of thunder or fireworks that she would try to crawl under a crack under the door in desperation!
Your skies certainly look interesting. No sign of a cloud anywhere here. Cheers

Anabel Marsh said...

Happy New Year and thanks for visiting The Glasgow Gallivanter!