Wednesday, January 01, 2014

The start of 2014

 this morning John and I went for a walk along our favorite cliff walk. Being holidays there are far more people around than we normally would see.
It was also quite warm and muggy and we have had some rain, but it is not exactly cool
Last night we had friends in and as I wasnt sure if we would be inside or out I was ready for either, this is the dining room table taken this morning with a lovely bright new sarong from Thai land on it. I like it and it will stay for a while.
We did eat outside, and I didnt take a photo! It was one of those magic evenings, and only got a bit cool around midnight.
Every one brought a course to eat but as hostess I had the main course, I had decided that after all the house cleaning I had done that something relatively simple, and as it was so warm cold chicken, ham, an impossible smoked salmon pie and a green salad, a potato salad and a watermelon salad was all that was needed. Its amazing how little was left.
dessert was a wonderful pavlova  so we ate and drank for most of the night, almost saw the New Year in, but those travelling through the town left early to beat the rush.
A wonderful night and tonight it is a few left overs for dinner.
I havent done much as everything was sorted and although the washing isnt dry, I really dont mind.
My friend P did a sterling job, cleaning silver, washing the odd window and having an adventure with a cactus, which meant pulling a lot of minute thorns out, doing the dishes etc, while John sorted out the outside.
It was a lot of work, but worth doing.
I hope 2014 is a good year, I dont make resolutions but 2013 was not a year I want to remember fondly, except for a couple of things.
Now for the Melbourne family to arrive in the next day or so, I only have to make beds, I have most of the rest of it under control...I think!
Happy New Year to all my blog readerss.


1 comment:

Penny said...

The photos that go with this post are up two posts, school holidays in a seaside resort town in summer means that our internet is terribly slow, sorry!