Monday, January 13, 2014

sample book

 Hooray!! With any luck I am back using picasa to load my photos to my blog.
So far so good.
Double click this collage to increase the picture size.
a few months ago Noela Mills of Wabisabiart blog posted about a class she had tought using all those fabric samples and creating a book. I loved one of them using a piece of driftwood and beads to hold it all together, so after months of collecting and stitching here is my book. I think the base is old linen teatowels, and on I stitched and placed a heap of things.
The cover was a piece I made in Dorothy Caldwells class a couple of years ago, there are bits of various classes I have taken with Dale Rolleson, a beetle made in Mary Hepmanspergers class and some sitched stuff just because.
I am so pleased with the result so thank you Noela for such a wonderful idea.
Terribly hot here nearly 40 C and this is the first day of our 5 day heatwave, I think 43 is about 109 F unbelievable. I just hope for no fires and that the power doesnt go off.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Robin Mac said...

What a great idea, I love the binding tying it all together. I hoe you don't have any fires to go with the heat Penny, the ones in WA were simply appalling. Only 30 here today and a very gusty breeze blowing so feels quite pleasant. Cheers

ArtPropelled said...

No wonder you are pleased Penny. What a gorgeous book! Love the cover!

Jo Murray said...

Love those fabric pages. Noela sure is inspiring.

Unknown said...

lovely! great way to showcase work.
xoxo

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Great book Penny