Saturday, January 18, 2014

Random acts of kindness (rak)

We have at last come to the end of our very lobng very hot weather, towards the end of 5 days I wasnt sure if I was going to manage it. Jo Murray has put up on her blog that she was going to do this and I was one of the first to reply. Here is how it works, the first 5 people to comment on this post will at some time through the year receive some small art work, fabric or paint, from me and to do this I will need your snail mail address. What you then do is Pay it Forward and in turn agree to do the same for another 5 people. It cant be too hard to get 5 people who are happy to receive something unexpected through the year and then repay it to another 5 people. So lets play. I am once again having problems loading photos to my blog. I didnt do a huge amount through these days of over 40 degree C heat, but I did have a play with a few things I dont normally do and this tiny weaving, not very well done, was one of them. I havent done a lot of weaving and I didnt finish this off at all well, I made a small frame from a coat hanger, perhaps a larger frame would help any way this was my small weaving of layers, I thought layers of soil or some such, any way it kept me under the aircon for a few hours. I would get up early and do what work had to be done around the house and then shut up all the unnecesary bits of the house and try to cool down. After thunderstorms last night it cooled and now all I want to do is sleep. There were bad fires all around the State and in Victoria but luckily we seemed to have missed out, lots of houses burnt and some will burn for weeks, mostly here set by lightening strikes. The garden has suffered badly, and with the windstorm that arrived with the change there are trees and branches down. I really dont like our summers.

4 comments:

Suztats said...

Glad the weather is a bit cooler for you: hope it stays that way. Prayers going out to all those affected by the fires. The weather seems to be pretty extreme everywhere.......

MorningAJ said...

I can't imagine the temperatures you've been having. Although this winter has been the weirdest over here in the UK. So far no snow. It MUST be coming. We can't possibly escape completely. Lots of people have been under a lot of water, so it's a good thing it hasn't been cold.

I did a sort of RAK last year on my blog. But I did a prize draw and gave away 'goody bags' to the first two names out of the hat. I'd be happy to take part in another one.

Hope you get more comments soon.

Robin Mac said...

As I said last night Penny, I am happy to take part in this. I received a Samsung tablet for Christmas and I haven't set it up for email yet - in fact I am still learning my way around it, but I have it downstairs when I am watching TV and I still have a few problems navigating!! I hoe you have had the last of the very hot weather now. Cheers.

Robin Mac said...

As I said last night Penny, I am happy to take part in this. I received a Samsung tablet for Christmas and I haven't set it up for email yet - in fact I am still learning my way around it, but I have it downstairs when I am watching TV and I still have a few problems navigating!! I hoe you have had the last of the very hot weather now. Cheers.