Monday, January 27, 2014

My week in stitch

Now what did I do? Monday we did housework and seemed to as usual go around in circles. Tuesday i went up to Noarlunga and went to spotlight and bought threads and the shoe shed and bought some new shoes. I think they will be ok, flat leather with a zip at the front and holes in the leather. I will get dirty feet from the holes and they are navy which means they will look huge on my big feet! Wednesday I started making a few more spirit dolls to try and sell at the Easter Market we go to. Thursday Millie came for the day and we played tea parties with the bears and I made her a doll, as well as making play dough. Friday we went to lunch in Victor at friends to see the end of stage 4 of the Tour Down Under cycle race, the race itself was fine and as in all races over in a flash, but they had a community event for cyclists, over 9000 of them, who clogged the roads, the streets, detours etc etc, going in and home was a nightmare.I think it brings a lot of money into the town, even if they only buy a drink each, but for those driving on the roads it is terrifying. Saturday we finally had a lovely walk on the cliff tops and down to the beach near Petrels Cove, cool and breezy. Sunday was warming u and we went in for the Australia Day celebrations, then came home and worked around the house. It is warming up, at least 4 over 40 degree days forcast for Adelaide this week, and John has gone fishing and the wind has got up, so I hope everything will be ok here. I am the only one home today. Already there is a fire several k's away. I dont like these summers, and yet last night I was cold in bed, and no air conditioner on, we had a lovely cool night, now its not so lovely.

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Adorable.. incidentally I have big feet too. ... no worries as long as you are comfortable.

Jo Murray said...

I always love your stitched week. Sorry it's heating up again in the south. We have had the mildest summer ever, apart from a couple of days.