Monday, January 20, 2014

My week in stitch

A very hot week, not a lot got done as we were cowering under the air conditioner and watching for fires. I tried out a new thing, covering string with fabric, the garden wilted, a very bad fire day with a lot of lightning strikes and fires started. Finally a cool change and we walked and I collected the odd shell. Max and I walked, we had branches off large trees and all the sprinklers were on. A bit of a scrappy week, I felt tired all the time and now it is cooler, I think I almost feel even tireder. I may have to enlarge this as I cant get down a lot of the things I want to put on it, but then frustration with google isnt easy to embroider. I am now getting a different error message when I try to load from picasa, they fixed one, now I have another, so annoying.

4 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

So glad to hear you are getting some relief from the terrible heat and fire dangers. We went through a terribly hot and dry year in 2012. The fear of fire was always in our minds. I love the horses in your previous posts, and your stitching in this one.

Penny said...

I am more frightened of fire than anything, especially when you have stock to worry about. thank you for commenting.

Suztats said...

Good to know that things have cooled down a bit, Penny, and I hope that rain comes soon to put out the fires. It must be very scary. Sending hugs and good wishes.

Jo Murray said...

You are coping well Penny. Doubt if I could stitch under such trying circumstances.