Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wet, cold and damp

 Seeding is in progress, I walked out early this morning, it is ANZAC Day, a day to remember all those who fell in wars and in particular for us to remember when our country became a nation.
so I walked and thought and the sun came through the clouds. I hope this is a portent but I am sure there will be more wars.
We never seem to learn.
Seeding has begun, we seed into untilled soil, although the cows do a pretty good job of churning things up a bit.
You can see the drizzle across the valley, and here another sign of autumn, the many dairy heifers we are raising, we seem to have had a good early crop of heifers, the early ones do better than the later ones.
It seems so odd that in the Northern hemishpere they are seeding too, but here where our winters are relatively mild and it is when we get the rain, we seed now in autumn, and usually around about Anzac day.
I see I am repeating myself, well I am getting older but really there is no excuse, but I am cooking, making beds, preparing for the Melbourne family to arrive sometime today, in preparation for the funeral on Friday. Perhaps I am a little stressed.
I am off to do a bit of knitting and to try not to overcook the cake that is in the oven!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

You are allowed to repeat yourself Penny, you have plenty on your mind to think about. Autumn is a lovely time of the year and your photos show it. cheeers

Hildred said...

Penny, I remembered it was Anzac day, over all the years since the mid forties when I had such nice friendships with Australian boys who were stationed in western Canada. Two in particular were visitors at our home and I continued writing to them until after the war when Charles and I were married, - One from Bourke on the Darling River and the other from a suburb of Sidney. I hope that your life will soon be less stressful.

Karen said...

Penny so sorry I missed this, sad for you about your grandson. It's so heartbreaking at such a young age. I lost a brother in an automobile accident at 21, it's so hard when they are so young.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family at this time.