Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday and Monday

 This is the glory vine on the pergola by the house, it has tourned such a glorious colour and suddenly the days are cold and damp and windy.
The palm trees were really blowing in the wind.
We went to lunch yesterday, friends who own a property at Parawa and this is R's magnificent tagine before we ate it, full of home grown figs and quinces from their covered orchard, I wish we had one of these, the birds ate everything so early this year, but due to their generosity we came home with enough figs to turn into dried figs and this is the first stage in the drying process.
Then! disaster as I left the rock buns to hang out the washing, and was caught up in just a few other things and there they were, incinerated.
I have made some more!
Looks as if the funeral will be on Friday, so the Melbourne family will be coming over on Wednesday I think, got to get my skates on and tidy the house and make beds.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Suztats said...

Your glory vine looks gorgeous! i love the colours of fall.

Doreen G said...

I reckognise those rock buns Penny I have made some like it before as well.

Robin Mac said...

Oh, thos luscious figs! We had three tres in our garden when I was growing up, I wish I could grow them here. We have all had rock buns/biscuits/cakes like that! Cheers

ArtPropelled said...

Ohhh nooo, burnt buns!The tagine looks amazing. Thinking of you on Friday xo