Thursday, September 01, 2011

Texture and glass


While the SALA festival was on P and I went to visit this glass workshop. Eamonn Vereker was trained at Waterford Crystal in Ireland, in his workshop he has several of the pieces he made while he was there. Now he is in Australia he is making the most beautiful ranges of glass imaginable.
Totally different to his days with Waterford.
I am not showing any of his current glass but these magnificent bowls,. which I assume are glass which were outside the workshop, simply decorative pieces full of rain water, leaves and the most wonderful texture.
I think if you click to enlarge you will see them better.
Well worth a visit if you are ever in Adelaide.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

The bowls are most unusual. I suppose the change in environment influences what he is producing now. Amazing art in Australia!