Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Cupcakes, birds, and flowers


I have knitted up two cupcakes for Gina and the third one is a felt one I made a while ago, not for Gina, but I have two more knitted ones on the go they are so easy and a bit addictive.
Nice to do when I am feeling a bit tired.
While walking the other night this big white cocky and the galahs were on the race way eating the seed dropped out of the hay. I couldnt resist taking their photos, I love the bright pink and grey of the galahs.
I also took some photos of the Banksia flowers and the manchurian pear that are planted between the paddocks near the dam.
Once more I was looking at the mares to see who may be closer to foaling, what I actually found was one mare with sore feet and close to foundering so in she had to come. Suddenly with the odd days of hot weather the clover has started to grow and be a bit of a problem.
Typical very changeable spring weather, we go from heat to thunderstorms but still not enough rain but today it is cold and windy.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kay Baughman said...

I love to look at your photos of birds and flowers so different from any I ever see! The pink and gray birds are especially lovely.
Kay

Hildred said...

Beautiful photos, Penny - I like to thinking of you welcoming spring while we say goodbye to summer....

Gina said...

Penny, the cakes are fabulous... thank you so much!

Suztats said...

Such delicious cupcakes! If only I crocheted, I could 'bake' some of these diet delectables.
Love the birds.