Friday, September 23, 2011

Silage time on the farm


They were gathering in silage from the paddocks near the house so I wandered out late this afternoon and took some not terribly good photos.
I love the way the truck keeps pace with the chopper, we have two trucks working as the silage stack is a distance away from these paddocks, further over in the next paddock is the rake.
Our son and grandson do this and their contracting business is flat out at the moment.
I am afraid there is not alot to pick up so they are cutting every paddock possible and hoping for some regrowth.
At least the gale force winds have dropped and there was actually a small sprinkle of dampness as I walked, but not enough.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

shirley said...

There is a lot of work that goes on on farms that people dont realise. Your photos were great.

Anonymous said...

I think the pictures are wonderful you did a good job taking them.