Saturday, February 20, 2010

Walking Encounter Bay



It has got very hot and muggy again, in fact not at all nice, if we could only have a bit of rain.
We were up early this morning and in to the market, I got my vegetables and chatted to friends while John got the papers.
He was supposed to go fishing this morning but the winds were getting worse, in fact it got terribly blustery for a while so they will see what it looks like tomorrow.
We went down to the bay for a walk, another low tide and the sand has cut away a bit from last week when we walked here.
I rather liked the sea gull with his reflection in the water and the Bluff looked a long way away in this shot, you can see how far the tide is out.
I took photos of the signs that are up on the cycle track but of course they are not on every entry down to the beach.
I have been trying to finish my little triangular box but it needs some modifications and is taking longer than I thought.
I have backed my tantrum for Dale's "thing" this is my second one so I hope she likes it. Still a few things to do before it is finished.
Despite the heat John and I did a small amount of tidying up in the garden and I have had hoses on all day. I have been told I can only use the ones from the spring as the dam is getting low - again!!

1 comment:

annie said...

Love your photos, Penny-- especially of the gull. I hate that you are drying up, again. One needs that water for the animals so badly. I hope we keep getting enough moisture here in middle Texas so that the wild flowers will come back and the fires will not start.

annie