Saturday, February 27, 2010

A bit of my world





I hadnt had a good night, again! I forgot the pain killers and woke this morning with all my joints aching. Mind you, the weather is changing too, cool with a southerly wind today although when the sun came out it was quite hot.
Frustrating that I cant do all I want to do but at least I can still walk along a beach and pick up a shell or two and take photos of the small whiting in the shallows and the lovely colours on the sand under the water, sky and sun and the Bluff. If you click on the photos you will see the fish and not just their shadows.
That was yesterday, we walked this evening but it was a lot rougher and we went along near the Hindmarsh River end of the Bay.
I am draughting out patterns for softees, the new rage at the moment, and spent most of the day working out how to make a bird stand on wire legs and feet and then how to cover them. I think I have done it photos possibly tomorrow.
I had fed all the animals before we went as I seem to get so tired lately but came home to thinking about food for dinner, something I sort of hadnt made up my mind what to do but at least John was happy, a rather spicy dish made of chicken, small red onions, garlic a tin of baked beans in chili sauce and a small jar of medium hot salsa. In the oven for an hour, oh forgot salt pepper and some chopped mint leaves. Tasted pretty good. Just hope my stomach doesnt rebel. I love cooking when I am in the mood but I find it a chore if I am not.
I am hoping that tomorrow we will go and look at a few art galleries in the McLaren Vale area.
I can hear the wind and crickets out of the open bedroom door and it is cool so I hope a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Loved the fish, the patterns and the ocean view, Penny. Hope you had a restful night.