Monday, February 15, 2010

My morning



The first photo is of what I do early, have a piece of toast and a mug of tea and write up my diary, then go to the computer and read e mails and blogs.
Next I get up, shower and make the bed, so here is the bed, complete with Oscar on it. He arrived with my mug of tea and has to be shooed off.
As you can see, a cast iron double bed in original condition! Bedside tables covered in books and walls covered in photos and paintings. The Modigliani print was one of the first we ever bought, possibly because John thought she looked a bit like me, and certainly in those days I was a skinny little thing and the children when small were all convinced that that was Mummy.
Incidentally the wall paper is original, when this wing of the house was built in the late 1960's it was all the rage and much as I keep asking for the room to be painted, the wallpaper has survived and I quite like it again now.
What you cant see are the piles of books on the floor beside each side of the bed as well.
Is this all a bit too intimate? I am not sure.
Do you have as many books and paintings as we do? I am sure you do.
As you have no doubt realised, I am running out of things to put up, it was a day of ironing and tidying as we will be in Adelaide for the next two days.

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Not at all Penny, I think it gives a glimpse of who you are and what you like. Every room in my house contains books, magazines, drawings and photos.

Caroline said...

Wow, thank you for the glimpse into your morning!
Every room of my home also has books, magazines... drawings & journals! However, it doesn't look as warm and cozy as yours!
With me, i am waiting to paint the rooms, so no paintings are on the walls! I am starting to think I should just hang them anyway!
by the time I paint the walls...

ArtPropelled said...

A most enjoyable post, Penny. Amazing how long the wallpaper has survived. I love it and all the paintings and photos above the bed.