Friday, February 19, 2010

A day in Adelaide





I spent Tuesday of this week in Adelaide with my friend P.. she took me around and about and one of the places we ended up was here at the Alberton railway station, now used as a hairdresser by an incredible person who I dont think does much hairdressing but had a wonderful collection of pin ups and memorabilia so here he is in his shop talking to P.
I think the first photo may have been the old station masters house, on the opposite side of the road a row of lovely old shops, all closed and my photo of them was not very good.
The road side of the station, we couldnt get over the line to take the station side.
It was a lovely bit of nostalgic nonsense.
The last photo is of a Russian cold war ship that is being reconstructed at Port Adelaide, I didnt quite get the gist of why she was a tall ship but here is her photo any way.
Since then I have had a fairly busy and slightly traumatic few days with my mother having a fall, and I was the one to be there while she was being stitched up. Four stitches in the back of her head but at least she had it done at the nursing home and wasnt sent off to the emergency at hospital which would have been much worse.
As if going to Adelaide with one eye that doesnt see very well isnt enough to be traumatic trying to drive the car was even more so.
Any way all seems to be well today.
This morning early we went for a walk on the beach, and I forgot my camera, it was a lovely morning, the tide was out and the sky was blue and it got quite hot by the time we had walked back to the car.
Shopping done and I am back trying to get some stitching done. It never seems to end.

No comments: