Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beach walking



Yesterday was a bit windy, you can see a windsurfer in the first photo if you look carefully. Today has been much windier and really quite rough.
This little box fish just didnt make it, I love box fish, they look so unreal under water, I dont know if some one caught it on a line or what happened, he was very fresh looking but unfortunately dead.
A few trauma's today as one of the foals has a damaged eye and we couldnt get the vet out but did manage to collect some ointment for it. We will see how it goes tomorrow. Of course I cant even see how bad it looked. I am too blind to be of much use these days.
We went up to look at some paintings in galleries today, a short afternoon but it was nice to be out together looking at things we like. Not terribly pleasant driving though as it has been almost gale force winds. At least its not hot.
John and I have been working to get the area where I have some pots by the back door cleaned up, the jasmine had taken over so I now have a rather bare spot which is getting full sun, but I have some potted geraniums who I hope will like it and brighten it up a bit.
I cant wait until we get the new guttering up and I can really make it look better. I have a small statue waiting for some where to go but no not before workmen have been.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

I don't believe I've ever viewed a Box fish before, Penny. Such a stiking photo, really caught my eye...sorry for it's demise, though!