Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Corners and collections



It is far too hot and humid to do much today, although John is painting the bathroom, just one coat on walls and ceiling, not a big job but the paint stinks.
So I wandered around the house again and here are a few bits and pieces.
The dresser in the kitchen, full of odds and ends, then in my work room a plastic crate full of Indian wooden stamps, I dont have a big collection but am terribly pleased when I find one. I love the peacock.
Another tiny wall between doors in a hall, one of my dolls, s print of a river boat at Goolwa, a piece by my friend Glenys Mann and another small piece I bought at the Ballarat Fibre forum last year, these were fund raisers to pay for students to attend the classes, this was a very clever piece by Marita Hanigan, she and I did a basketry workshop together under Gwen Egg a few years ago.
Finally a few things that reside on top of my cupboard in my work room. Feathers, porcupine quills, my favorite bear, and the wooden saki cups we used on our first visit to Japan at a very important banquet I was so pleased when they were presented to me as a momento.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I love your ceramoc chicks and tea pots...are the triangle shaped dishes made for wedges of cheese?

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Oh, love your collections...
The cheese dishes are just gorgeous, I have a soft spot for those ;)
Thanks for stopping by my place, I'm off to have a little look-see at your older postings.
Hope to visit often !