Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The house elf and other things


I have this small cloth elf in my sitting room, he guards and watches and I am very fond of him. I cant remember when I made him but quite a long time ago.
He is surrounded by people from another age and paintings that are also from another time.
The small ducks came from the north Island of Japan when we were there a few years ago. They have been arranged and re arranged by grand children countless times.
Once there was one and now there are three funky chickens, so easy to do, they are I hope heading for new homes soon.
Things from the sea, things from overseas, wonderful plates in celadon made by a potter friend.
Fragments of Chiton shells and pieces of stone I picked up the other day on the beach, a lovely soap wrapped in a palm frond.
Small things in small corners, all part of me.

1 comment:

Mostly Turquoise said...

Hi Penny,

Thank you for becoming a follower on my blog, I really appreciate it!

Regina, Sint Maarten DWI
Mostly Turquoise