Thursday, February 25, 2010

This morning and yesterday


Here are my delightful pair, Millie my grand daughter and Mason my great grandson who were having a kiss and a cuddle when we arrived this morning at Millies home. Tab tells me they do this every time they see each other.
Actually I wasnt quick enough with the camera so this is a re enactment!
Millie is potty training hence no knickers.
I had a lovely hour or so with them this morning, havent seen either for a week or more and I miss them, they are funny, awful and delightful all at once.
Yesterday morning John and I walked on the beach and here are a the menaces, a tree full of corellas after the pine nuts, we havent seen them for a while but the big white cockies have suddenly made a return. They are terribly destructive and very noisy. These were in a pine tree by the railway line where we park the car to go down onto the beach near the Hindmarsh River.
The beach was wide open and beautiful, I took some photos of the rock pools and the incredible blue that the sea was. I love the movement of the water and the reflections of the bubbles on the surface on the sand below.
Hotter today and we did manage to get the house sort of clean.
It doesnt sound as if there will be any fishing over the weekend. High winds are forecast. So I am not sure what we will be doing, there are a few art galleries to go and look at and beaches to walk.
Today apart form cleaning and washing I have a few more textile bits under way but nothing to show.
I do wish my back wouldnt give out every time I decide to do the vacuuming, I stagger around the house like a demented old woman, which I am not, well perhaps a bit of me is, it doesnt bear thinking about.
We had yummy whiting fillets for dinner and a salad, with a nice drop of white wine and followed by cheese, is it any wonder I am having problems losing weight!
I really must thank all of you who drop in and leave nice comments, I am not very good at getting back to people, partly because this internet at the moment is so slow. But thank you any way, and to those who dont leave comments but do what I usually do, lurk thanks for visiting.
Isnt that a wonderful word? Lurk, so many connotations in a word like that.
Well I havent done a sketch so nothing on my other blog, and I am off to watch the news and see what idiotic things our politicians have been saying.
Oh and congratulations to our aerialist who managed another gold for Australia. Only our fifth gold in all the years they have been going and this year we managed to get two super well done.

3 comments:

annie said...

I like to see the young bitsies when they meet-- no matter how young they are, they always express such enthusiasm for each other.

I thought I responded to your slow wireless problem but I don't see it any place. We have it in this little town in the Texas boonies and when the circuits are overloaded, one can't get certain sites or news videos and You Tube during that period. This irritates my 6-year-old grandson who lives for his You Tube cartoons. However, he'll probably solve it, soon, since he has been computer smart since a little guy and slapped that mouse into submission at an early age. So don't worry about time to answer us. Just keep sending us the sketches and photos when you can-- they really brighten our days.


annie

Wanda..... said...

Millie and Mason are very cute, my two that loved each other like that, Katie and Grant, just turned 17.
I enjoy coming here to see how you are, your beach photos and all the lovely things you create, Penny!

vicki archer said...

Penny, those two little ones look so cute.xv