Monday, December 04, 2006

EDM Challenge, A card

This is a little rough but I quite liked it. I had wondered about not having a star but the sun but in the heat we are having and in those heavy clothes and boots the poor old chap would melt away. I dont really think I would like to ride an emu.
I have finally written up the Christmas letter, now to find time to get to the cards and address them.
I had fun this morning trying out the Janome Xpression felting embellisher and was most impressed. I had a lot of fun with it so yes I am going to buy one. Not all the money will come from the bracelets that were sold in Victoria but at least part of it.
Of course I need to have time to play with it, but after Christmas I hope things will slow down a bit.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Oh, how cute. I never imagined Santa on an emu!

caseytoussaint said...

He looks the way I remember feeling in Australia at Christmas!What a perfect idea.

Lin said...

WONDERFUL, Penny!! So apropos and adorable! Love the sun/star -- great addition!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Fun...love the ostrich touch what a hoot...would you beleive i have a santa riding on a LARGE chicken?

Marilyn said...

Penny, this is great. Santa on an emu!!! Very clever. Great sketch too.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best Aussie Christmas Cards I've seen for a long while. Very clever Penny and beautifully drawn.