Monday, December 11, 2006

Dry paddocks

This is Rivington Nell and her filly foal, she is a Welsh Section B. I am really pleased with the way they look, really this was to show how dry and brown the paddocks are although this one has some dry feed, we had been keeping it for the mares and foals. Normally at this time of the year this would be green and growing.
My back has been killing me for days so I am probably not in the mood for anything much, I cleaned the house right through as the last few days had left it so dusty and awful, and I dont like house cleaning at the best of times. I was going to get the Christmas decorations up but after my massive clean I think it may get done tomorrow.
Too tired to sketch.
I think I have Tabbys' girls on Sunday which will be great as I havent seen them for a while.
At least it was cooler and more pleasant today.
I have just finished reading an interesting book set mostly in Burma called The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh. I picked it up In Penneshaw at their book exchange for $3. Done from an Indian point of view about the British Raj amongst other things.

1 comment:

Julie Oakley said...

I know that it's impossible to see your dry paddocks this way, but from the comfort of my cold wet clime that grass looks lovely, soft, gold and silky and of course the horses are beautiful.