Sunday, December 31, 2006

Cockle train

Once more I was being a tourist in my own town and while we were having coffee after a walk along the foreshore the cockle train was about to leave.
I was a bit surprised that we actually had the steam train due to the dry weather, it has been known to start a fire with sparks before today.
Any way there it was in all its glory and I really was going to take a photo of it passing the gates and I forgot to turn the camera on and it had gone before I realised. What a bummer!!
Came home to a very sick foal and had to get the vet out, expensive after hours call of course. She was drenched with oil as she had a tummy ache and I was up about every 2 hours checking her all night. Seems fine this morning thank goodness.
We also had another colt foal born, the last I think for this season. Our ratio of colts to fillies is not good. He is rather sweet though.

No comments: