Friday, March 16, 2012

TAST 2 and a new book


This weeks TAST is, well I think it looks like starfish so thats what I call this stitch, wrapped spiders web I think is another name.
It took me ages to get my head around this stitch, but I did manage it finally. The one on the right wasnt quite right but I think the others are.
This wonderful book arrived last week,it was on Dale of The Thread Studios going going list so I got it at a great reduction.
I love it.
A difficult week, my arthritic hand is paining me and has moments of being quite bad. I am doing some exercises that I hope will strengthen the hand and wrist.
The funeral on Wednesday was, really rather lovely, sad for the going of a good and quiet man but organised so well. The tiny church had had arrangements for the large number of people to come, and just as well as it thundered and lightening shot all over the place and it rained. Thankfully not a huge amount as the burial took place, in a lovely small cemetery on a hill at the end of the pony paddocks.
I am beginning to think I would like to be buried and not cremated.
Now to try and help my dear friend through the next few months.
I really havent felt much like blogging but life does go on.
This morning John and I walked the cliffs at Petrels Cove, a windy cool blowy sort of morning, so nice to get out and enjoy the waves. I do have photos but ... I havent got around to downloading them yet.
Sorry if this is a little disjointed, its the way I feel.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stitching Lady said...

Oh, I love your whipped wheels!!

Robin Mac said...

I can sympathise Penny, ever since I decided to have surgery on my knee it seems to have got worse and worse! I am not getting very far with anything at present. I am glad the funeral went off so well - if that could be said about any funeral! I am sure your friend will be very glad of your company. I look forward to seeing what inspiration you get from the African themes book. Cheers

Julie said...

Your whipped wheels look great! I still have to try some tonight I think, as I did the wrong type wheel!!! Hahaha...what a dummy I am! Anyway...great to see your work, Penny!!!