Thursday, March 22, 2012

Morning walks

If you click or double click these should enlarge.
This is all around the house and paddocks and is the result of the last two morning walks.
A Welsh Mountain pony colt, galahs feeding, a kangaroo hopping off in the distance, Max looking and me wondering if we will get more rain from those dark clouds (we only got a little).
A pair of topknot pigeons on a post, the remains of the 14mm of rain in a bit of a wash by the track. dead branches against the sky and the back of my garden that I dont often look at as it has a pony paddock on the other side, looks quite exotic with the New Zealand cordyline and other shrubs and trees that have mostly self sown there. John wants to cut them back but nothing grew there before and I am quite happy to have whatever decides to come up.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie said...

I have never seen a gulah!!! They are very unusual!

ArtPropelled said...

Totally intrigued with the flock of galahs in your garden. We had an almighty storm last night after an extremely hot day. A cool night was most welcome!

Wanda..... said...

Not only pretty ponies, but galahs and kangaroos to view on your walks....nice!

Robin Mac said...

Max is obviously much more confident now and leaves your side as you are getting him in your photos more often!

Unknown said...

What a "sense of place" this collections of photos gave me. I feel like I've been in a mini-vacation. XOXO