Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Fabric and paper journal

If you click twice on this photo you can see enlargements.
This is a book I have been taking ages to do but the idea came from the journals that Ro Bruhn makes.
My photos are not terribly good but you do get an idea of what it is like.
Top right is the front cover and below it is the back, aon the left in the middle is the buttoned spine and then there are various gfabric and paper pages.
I will probably start on another one now that this one is finally finished as I have plenty of paper to use up as well as some painted canvas. Something to play with when the muse has left me.
I will also go back to making simpler paper journals and perhaps a few more totally fabric ones which I love doing.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Doreen G said...

This is fabulous Penny -well done.

Hildred said...

Beautiful work Penny, - I visited Ro Bruhn's page and was absolutely fascinated, - what an inspiration.

Julie said...

Oh...this is really amazing, Penny!!! Love it so much...I will go check out Ro's website, for sure!!! Thanks!

Barry said...

P- that is a pretty wild journal - great and creative way to use your art. B

Wanda..... said...

Beautiful journal...love the use of buttons!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful you're so clever and I love the colours of the book.