Saturday, March 10, 2012

The last few days

 I have been missing for the last couple of days as I havent felt much like blogging, havent actually felt much like anything as a very dear friend has died, suddenly, his wife and I had many adventures together with our pony trips and with the two of them we spent many happy skiing holidays. I feel really upset and unable to get down to much.
Having said that I did manage to do this little bit of silliness and hand stitching, and the other one is for the exhibition over Easter, one of the wrapped dolls, a background I had hand stitched on a hand dyed back ground with wrapped wire to represent trees.
I quite like it but not sure if any one else will.
This morning we went into the market and walked along the cliffs near Petrels Cove,( the last photo) and came home the back way and one huge bit of excitement, just around the corner from where I took the photo of the dirt road there was a bandicoot by the side of the road, they are quite heavily endangered and although we know they are known to live in the valley we very rarely see them and it was a huge thrill. They are predated on by foxes and wild cats and of course their habitat has been cleared but the place we saw this one in is just the sort of area they like. Just didnt expect to see one at 10.30 in the morning.
While walking Max this morning I also saw the first harbingers of autumn here, the purple crocus that isnt a crocus and I have forgotten its name Colchium I think. They look a bit battered and the soil is very dry even though I watered there a few days ago.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

I'm so sorry about your friend, Penny and glad you saw the bandicoot to cheer you up. What a lucky sighting! Lovely to see your non-crocus to welcome Autumn in. We are feeling the freshness in the early morning. Love your hand stitched pieces. You certainly don't allow the grass to grow beneath your feet. Busy busy busy :-)

Robin Mac said...

Penny, I am so sorry about your friend. The photos are lovely, I am glad you were thrilled to see a bandicoot. I can tell you they are definitely not endangered up here, they are real pests in the Gardens, they dig up everywhere. They are protected though so you are not allowed to catch them without a permit. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Penny. Big hugs sent your way.