Monday, October 17, 2011

Stones


Yesterday during our walk I took photos of stones, and there will be more to come, as the sand has been washed away rocks which have been under the sand for a long time have been exposed and some of the markings on the rocks have been very interesting. Not that they are all natural, the old stone well on the beach is now exposed as well and I had fun taking this photo through the two fence posts. The other non natural one is this lovely pile of stones, I think I have taken this or one similar before but I love making these at home, although something always fells them, but this was a lovely collection that would take some knocking over. My rocks dont tend to be as flat as these, This is a very satisfying collection as the entrance to the beach.
We thought the last one looked like a womans head, a very natural sculpture, dont you love the lichen on her head as a decoration.
You should be able to click on the photos to enlarge them since I disabled the wretched slide show blogger thinks I would like (I dont).


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Doreen G said...

Thanks for telling me about the blogger thing Penny and it was helpful to other readers of my blog as well---I have not been able to enlarge my photos by clicking on them for a while now--any clues?

PamelaB said...

I love these stone photo's, I can't get to the beach now, I'm going to print these and keep for inspiration. I can enlarge them, luckily.

Wanda..... said...

I have a weakness for stones with odd markings or shapes. Enjoyed your photos, Penny.

Just how does one go about disabling that wretched slide show? I dislike it too!

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous place you live. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Wanda..... said...

I discovered how to disable the slideshow in the formatting section, Penny. Thanks for mentioning that it was something that could be done!

Gaby Bee said...

What a wonderful place you live, Penny. Your stone pictures are gorgeous!

Thanks for your lovely comments all the time! I really appreciate it!

Have a great week!
Hugs, Gaby

annie said...

Your photos are always so interesting, Penny. It was fun getting down and looking over those stones with you. Thanks for taking us along.
annie

Anonymous said...

Nice posting, what I am exactly searched is available in your website. Thanks Bye Printing Workflow