Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Another filly foal and daisies.


This filly was born yesterday, a nice Welsh Mountain filly and especially so as her mother has only given us colts up until now, so one to keep the line going.
When I walked out to take a photo I saw this clutch of fungi and with it some cape daisies,we call them dandelions but they are not true dandelions, the bane of our life in the paddocks but they do look lovely turning them into a lovely shade of gold when the sun comes out.
From there I went looking for other daisies, the purple one whose name I forget, the yellow winter flowering one and the common or garden bush daisy.
We rely on the daisy family to brighten up corners of gardens, they are useful fillers and groundcovers, and flower almost at all times of the year here.
I also love painting them, free motion sewing them and having them in the house as flowers when all else fails.
My visitors have gone, it was only a brief visit but lovely to see them as John and Roger have been best friends since they were very young and we never seem to get to Perth to see them. Our children are similar ages and we have from a distance gone through a lot together.
After all the cleaning and cooking etc, not to mention too much to drink last night I think I will go and so some quiet sewing.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Love those bright yellow daisies and to think they are winter blooming flowers! Our winters are so different, Penny!

Rowan said...

What a beautiful liitle foal. I love daisies of all kinds, they are such cheerful flowers. We're into autumn now so there are lots of Michaelmas daisies around but not for much longer I'm afraid. Once the temperatures start to drop they'll disappear.

janjan said...

What a pretty little thing. My two grandaughters love horses of all shapes, sizes, colours and breeds.
Are the pink purple daisies the south african Osteospermums (sailor boy daisies. I love embroidering them.
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.